Here you can find the description of cleaning protocol that has been tested for reusability of NanoCuvette™ One when used with sugary samples.
Download pdf here.
NanoCuvette™ One: it is strongly recommended that each cuvette is only used once, as the product cannot be guaranteed to perform nominally after sample contact. However, the following cleaning protocol has been tested for reusability of the product when used with sugary samples (e.g. undiluted honey).This cleaning manual is provided “as-is” and no warranties are given.
NanoCuvette™ One consists of a cuvette body with four optical sides and a unique optical filter technology installed in the light path. The cuvette body is made of PMMA (acrylic) with low chemical resistance. The optical filter is a proprietary nanostructured surface with high chemical resistance. Be careful never to touch the optical filter.
Before performing a measurement, make sure the optical sides do not have any fingerprints, dust or scratches on them as this can affect the measurement quality. Clean the cuvette as soon as possible after measuring. For best results it is recommended to use the following cleaning protocol:
- Empty the cuvette.
- Flush the cuvette several times with DI-water.
- Make a warm soap solution (not above 60°).
A solution of 1% Triton X-100 is recommended.
- Use a pipette to dispense the solution into the cuvette. Collect the solution. Repeat 3-5 times (See Figure 1).
- Pour out the cleaning agent and fill in a new warm cleaning solution.
- Keep the cuvette filled with solution for 5 min.
- Remove the cleaning solution and flush the cuvette several times with DI-water.
- Let the cuvette dry. Compressed air can be used for faster drying.
Figure 1. Left: Dispensing. Right: Collecting
Measurement performance is affected by handling and cleaning as well as sample composition. Improper cleaning can cause damage to the product.
Avoid using strong acids or bases as they may damage the cuvette.
Avoid using polar solvents such as acetone, ethanol, isopropyl-alcohol or chloroform as they may damage the cuvette.
Do not use autoclave.
Do not clean with brush.
Contact us for more information