NanoCuvette™ S: Semi-disposable cuvette consumable with an embedded optical chip for particle size analysis, cell/bacteria size and concentration analysis.
Description: NanoCuvette™ S offers particle, biological cell and bacteria size measurements, replacing the need for costly instruments such as Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) and laser diffraction measurements from for example Malvern.
Is it relevant for me? You work with a UV-Vis spectrophotometer but are lacking a particle size instrument such as Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS, Zetasizer, etc.) or laser diffraction (Mastersizer, etc.). You do Optical Density (O.D.), but are looking for both size and concentration results.
What are relevant samples? Nanoparticle size analysis, colloid stability, formulation development, biological cells, bacteria.
Where is this applicable? Academia, nanotechnology, materials science, microplastics research, pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, academic research.
What could be current challenges I am facing in the lab?
- Do you currently perform particle size analysis or Optical Density (O.D.) measurements?
- Challenges measuring particle size, cell, or bacteria?
- Do you face challenges in investing in specialized particle size analysis instruments?
Why should I investigate this solution?
- Affordable access to particle size analysis and cell/bacteria size and concentration measurements.
- Streamlining workflows and saving on instrument costs.
- Compatibility with most standard spectrophotometers.
Can you provide some customer examples?
- Customer that needed to measure plastic nanoparticles and microparticles for polymer research.
- Customer that needed to measure plastic nanoparticles for environmental research.
- Customer that needed to measure biological cells such as E. coli and vesicle structures for research.
- Customer that needed to measure carbon-based microparticles for use in the electrochemistry industry.
- Customer that needed to measure the size and concentration of titanium-dioxide and other nanoparticles in the production of antibacterial cleaning products.
What are the key features?
- Measures absorbance, refractive index, and particle size and concentrations.
- Compatible with most standard UV-Vis spectrophotometers, including VWR Collection line-up.
- Reusable up to 50 times depending on sample.
What is the value for me with this solution? Affordable access to particle size analysis without the need for additional, specialized equipment, streamlining workflows, and saving on instrument costs. Typically, you can buy NanoCuvette™ S on a recuring basis and use it daily for a minimum of 10 years before they have spent the same money as buying a particle size analysing instrument. Enhances the functionality of UV-Vis spectrophotometers to optimize processes, ensure product quality, and accelerate R&D efforts.
Author(s): EMIHO, VIASH
Page last updated May 2023.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY.
NOT FOR DIAGNOSTICS.