Use this approach to connect SpectroLink™ to a wireless access-point.
For first time users, please refer to our user manual before proceeding. This feature requires SpectroLink™ software version 1.5.0 or above.
What you need
- SpectroLink™ (incl. power supply)
- USB flash drive
- Your WiFi credentials (SSID and password)
Setting up WiFi on your SpectroLink™
Once you have a USB flash drive and your WiFi credentials ready, do the following:
- Before you begin make sure that your SpectroLink™ is powered off.
- Right click on this template and save it somewhere on your computer.
- Open it on any text editor.
- Replace YOUR-SSID with the name of your access point SSID
- Replace YOUR-WIFI_PASSWORD with your WiFi password.
- Save your changes and then move it to the *root (top level) of your USB flash drive.
- Eject the USB flash drive from your PC.
- **Plug the USB flash drive into your SpectroLink™.
- Power on your SpectroLink™ by plugging in the power supply and wait for it to start up.
- Your SpectroLink™ should now be online and ready for use through SpectroWorks™. The USB flash drive can be safely removed. Refer to SpectroLink™ user manual for further instructions.
Repeat steps 7-9 for any other SpectroLink™ devices that you wish to set up on the same WiFi.
* If your USB flash drive contains multiple partitions, place the wifi-config.txt file in the first partition. Alternatively, you may consider reformatting the drive or using a different USB flash drive.
** To ensure proper functionality, please ensure that the USB flash drive is directly plugged into SpectroLink™, avoiding the use of USB hubs.