Few quick steps to get started with your SpectroLink™
Updated: 2023-06-28, Author(s): VINIR
Follow steps 1-4 to get started
It is important to follow the steps in this specific order.
- Plug in an ethernet cable to SpectroLink and to an network enabled interface like an access point, wall port etc.
- For setting up WiFi, follow this guide and come back for step 3. (https://knowledge.cphnano.com/en/pages/setup-wifi-via-usb)
- Connect the included USB cable to your SpectroLink™and to the included poweradapter. Plug in the power adapter to a powered outlet to turn the SpectroLink™ on.
- Connect a type B USB cable to your spectrophotometer and the other end to your SpectroLink™. Enable USB mode on the instrument if necessary.
- Access app.spectroworks.com, sign in, create/select a project, then click on the “SpectroLink™” tab. Click “+ Add” to register your device. Enter the device code located on the bottom of your SpectroLink™. Once added, it should appear on the registered device list. Click "Connect" to access the SpectroLink™ dashboard. Your SpectroLink™ is now ready for use!
DEPRECATED: WiFi setup via smartphone app
We have deprecated this approach to WiFi setup due to inconsistent behaviour on the BerryLan App regarding the Bluetooth discovery phase of SpectroLink™. However, this feature is still present in all SpectroLink™ devices and customers are welcome to try. For the default approach, refer to our guide for how to set it up via a USB drive.
The following is the procedure for setting up WiFi via the BerryLan App:
- Install the BerryLan WiFi connect app to your Android or iOS based device.
- Access the app and follow the instructions for setting up the WiFi on your SpectroLink™.
- Your SpectroLink™ will appear as “CPHNANO” on your iOS or Android device after 1 minute from powering it on.
- Click on "CPHNANO", fill out your SSID and Password. Once filled out, proceed.
- If the correct WiFi credentials have been entered your SpectroLink™ should now be online.
For more extensive documentation head over to our user manual: https://spectrolink.cphnano.com/user-manual